Thursday 24 July 2014

Dump a book!

I used to give up on reading books all of the time, but I found that once I had given up on a book, I was never willing to go back and have another try. So naturally when my interest in John Grisham's 'The Appeal' dwindled, I was determined to keep on with it and get to the end.

However, I found that after 120 pages I did not look forward to picking up the book at lunch time out in the garden with the dogs, and, honestly, really didn't care about the outcome of the book (except on moral grounds!).

I have read Grisham before ('The Client' and 'The Rainmaker') and his writing style was gripping and I felt for the characters. However, this book just really did not do it for me, so I have decided to give up on it - which I do feel a little guilty for.

I have decided now that unless it is a classic or a 'must read' book, it definitely makes more sense to dump a book rather than continue in an indifferent relationship with it (corny, I know!)

Since giving up on this book a few days ago I have moved on to 'A Discovery of Witches' by Deborah Harkness, which is AMAZING... I look forward to reading it, and blogging about it very soon!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12618015/?claim=2gubf4xq95q">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment